Newport Beach, CA - Newport Beach Waterfront Resort welcomes the Sixth Annual Standup for the Cure on Saturday, May 6 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Join in the Sea of Pink as one of the world’s largest fleets of Standup Paddlers, all wearing pink, paddle out in the calm waters of the Newport Dunes private beach in support of the Orange County Affiliate of Susan G Komen.
The event features SUP and Yoga paddle board clinics, free cancer screening, a silent auction, live entertainment, kids and pro races, and a Health Expo courtesy of Kaiser Permanente. Lunch will be provided by Newport Rib Company and happy hour is presented by Kona Brewing Company and Barefoot Winery.
Susan G. Komen Standup event proceeds go to the Orange County affiliate of Susan G. Komen. Each affiliate uses 75% of the net proceeds to fund local life-saving education, screening, diagnostics, treatment and survivorship programs. The remaining 25% is invested in global breast cancer research. You can learn more about the local affiliates’ programs by visiting their pages and more about Komen’s global research at Komen.org
For more information about Standup for the Cure at Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort and to register, please visit http://www.newportdunes.com/event/standupforthecure/.